- IEEE Papers: Copyright ©2005 by IEEE. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE
- ACM Papers: Copyright © 2005 by the Association for Computing Machinery, Inc. Permission to make digital or hard copies of part or all of this work for personal or classroom use is granted without fee provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and that copies bear this notice and the full citation on the first page. Copyrights for components of this work owned by others than ACM must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted. To copy otherwise, to republish, to post on servers, or to redistribute to lists, requires prior specific permission and/or a fee. Request permissions from Publications Dept., ACM, Inc., fax +1 (212) 869-0481, or email@example.com.
- Harisankar Haridas, Sriram Kailasam and Dharanipragada Janakiram
Cloudy Knapsack Algorithm for Offloading Tasks from Large-scale Distributed Applications
[to appear in IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC)].
- Harisankar Haridas and Janakiram Dharanipragada
CAPS: a Cloud-assisted Approach to Handle Spikes in Peer-to-peer Web Search
[accepted in November, 2014] Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications (PPNA), Springer.
- Sriram Kailasam, Prateek Dhawalia, S J Balaji, Geeta Iyer, Janakiram Dharanipragada
Extending MapReduce across Clouds with BStream
available online IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, 23 March 2014.
- Dharanipragada Janakiram, Geeta Iyer, Sriram Kailasam
Generate-map-reduce: An extension to map-reduce to support shared data and recursive computations
Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 561-585, Feb. 2014.
- H.Mehta, S.J.Balaji and D.Janakiram
Extending programming language to support object orientation in legacy systems
Computer Science and Information Systems, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1661-1672, 2013.
- Sriram Kailasam, Nathan Gnanasambandam, Janakiram Dharanipragada, Naveen Sharma
Optimizing Ordered Throughout using Autonomic Cloud Bursting Schedulers
IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 1564-1581, Nov. 2013.
- Kovendhan Ponnavaikko, Janakiram Dharanipragada
Wide Area Distributed File Systems - A Scalability and Performance Survey
Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience 11(3) (2010)
- V.G.Renumol, Dharanipragada Janakiram, S.Jayaprakash
Identification of Cognitive Processes of Effective and Ineffective Students During Computer Programming
ACM Transactions on Computing Education (TOCE),vol. 10, August 2010.
- Suneetha Nadella, Dharanipragada Janakiram
Message filters for hardening the Linux kernel
Software: Practice and Experience,John Wiley & Sons, DOI: 10.1002/spe.997, 24 August 2010.
- B. S. Jyothi, Dharanipragada Janakiram
SyMon: A practical approach to defend large structured P2P systems against Sybil Attack.
Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications 4(3): 289-308 (Published online, 2 July 2010)
- Sriram Kailasam, Santosh Kumar Konduru, and D Janakiram
Arogyasree: An enhanced grid-based approach to mobile telemedicine
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications, vol. 2010, Article ID 536237, 11 pages, 2010.
- Tushar Sharma and D. Janakiram
Inferring design patterns using the ReP graph
In Journal of Object Technology (JOT), vol. 9, no. 5, 2010, pages 95–110.
- Adi Mallikarjuna Reddy V, AVU Phani Kumar, D Janakiram, and G Ashok Kumar
Wireless Sensor Network Operating Systems: A Survey
International Journal of Sensor Networks (IJSNet), Vol. 5, No. 4 2009, pp. 236 - 255
- Vijay Srinivas and D Janakiram
Node Capability Aware Replica Management for Peer-to-Peer Grids
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol. 39, No. 4 (July 2009), pp. 807-818.
- Kovendhan Ponnavaikko and D Janakiram
The Edge Node File System: A Distributed File System for High Performance Computing
Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience, Vol. 10, No. 1 (March 2009), pp. 115-130.
- D. Janakiram, Ashok Gunnam, Suneetha N, Vineet Rajani, Vinay Kumar Reddy
Object Oriented Wrappers for Linux kernel
Software Practice and Experience, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Vol. 38, No. 13 (2008), pp. 1411-1427.
- Vijay Srinivas and D. Janakiram
Data Management in Distributed Systems:A Scalability Taxonomy
Scalability Computing: Practice and Experiences, Vol. 8, No. 1 (March 2007), pp. 115-130.
- Vijay Srinivas and D. Janakiram
Scaling a Shared Object Space to the Internet: Case Study of Virat
Journal of Object Technology, Vol. 5, No. 7, September-October 2006, pp. 75-95.
- A. Vijay Srinivas, M. Venkateswara Reddy, and D. Janakiram
Designing a Replication Service for Large Peer-to-Peer Data Grids
IEEE Distributed Systems Online, vol. 7, no. 3, 2006.
- D. Janakiram, R. Venkateswarlu, A. Vijay Srinivas and A. Uday Kumar
Soma: A Compositional Language for Distributed Systems
ACM SIGPLAN Notices. Volume 41 , Issue 3 (March 2006)
- Muthukumar R. M. and D. Janakiram
YAMA: A Scalable Generational Garbage Collector for Java in Multiprocessor Systems
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol 17, No.2, Feb-2006.
- M. A. Maluk Mohamed, A. Vijay Srinivas and D. Janakiram
Moset: An Anonymous Remote Mobile Cluster Computing Paradigm
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC), vol. 65, No. 10, October 2005, pp. 1212-1222.
- A. Vijay Srinivas and D.Janakiram
A Model for Characterizing the Scalability of Distributed Systems
ACM SIGOPS Operating System Review, Vol. 38, Number 3, July 2005.
- D. Janakiram and M. S. Rajasree
ReQuEst: Requirements-driven Quality Estimator
ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, Vol. 30 , No. 1, January 2005, Pages: 1 - 9
- D. Janaki Ram, A. Vijay Srinivas and P. Manjula Rani
A Model for Parallel Programming Over CORBA
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol. 64, No. 11, November 2004, pp. 1256-1269.
- Chitra Babu and D Janakiram
Method Driven Model: A Unified Model for an Object Composition Language
ACM SIGPLAN Notices, Vol. 39, No.8, August 2004, pp.61-71.
- D. Janaki Ram, P. Jithendra Kumar Reddy, M. S. Rajasree
Pattern Hybridization: Breeding New Designs Out of Pattern Interactions
ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, Vol. 29 , No. 3, May 2004, Pages: 1 – 10
- D. Janaki Ram and A. Vijay Srinivas
Object Migration in CORBA
The Journal of The Computer Society of India, Vol.32, No.1, March 2002, pp. 18-27.
- D. Janaki Ram, M. Uma Mahesh, N.S.K. Chandra Sekhar and Chitra Babu
Causal Consistency In Mobile Environment
ACM Operating Systems Review, Vol. 35, No. 1, January 2001. pp. 34-40.
- Binu K.J., Karthikeyan R. and D. Janaki Ram
DP: A Paradigm for Anonymous Remote Computation and Communication for Cluster Computing
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 12, No.10, October 2001, pp. 1-14.
- Binu K. J. and D. Janaki Ram
Integrating Task Parallelism in Data Parallel Languages for Parallel Programming on NOWs
Concurrency - Practice & Experience, Concurrency: Pract. Exper. 2000; 12: pp. 1291-1315.
- D. Janaki Ram, K. N. Anantharaman,K. N. Guruprasad,M. Sreekanth,S.V.G.K. Raju and A. Ananda Rao
An Approach for Pattern Oriented Software Development Based on a Design Handbook
Annals of Software Engineering, Vol. 10, 2000, pp. 329-358.
- S. Srinath, R. Ramakrishna and D. Janaki Ram
A Generic Model for Semantics Based Versioning in Projects
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part A, March, 2000, Vol. 30, No.2, pp. 108-123.
- R. K. Joshi, and D. Janaki Ram
Shadow Objects: A Programming Model for Control Replication in Distributed Systems
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol.59, No.1, Oct, 1999, pp. 1-12.
- Rushikesh K. Joshi and D. Janaki Ram
Anonymous Remote Computing: A Paradigm for Parallel Programming on Interconnected Workstations
IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol.25, No.1, Jan, 1999, pp. 75-90.
- P. Anjaneyulu, D. Janaki Ram
FlexiFrag: A Design Pattern for Flexible File Sharing in Distributed Collaborative Applications
Journal of Systems Architecture (Euro Micro) 44 (1998), pp. 937-954.
- Vivekananda N., Krishnamoorthy Arun, D. Janaki Ram
A Concurrency Control Model for Real-time Distributed Collaboration
Journal of Systems Architecture (Euro Micro), 44 (1998) pp. 327-341.
- Janaki Ram D., Dwivedi R. A., and Ongole Ramakrishna
An Implementation Mechanism for Design Patterns
ACM Software Engineering Notes, November, 1998, 23(7), pp. 52-56.
- D. Janaki Ram, K. N. Anantha Raman, K. N. Guruprasad
A Pattern Oriented Technique For Software Design
ACM Software Engineering Notes, Vol. 22, No.4, July 1997, pp. 70-73.
- S. Srinath, K. Venkatesh, D. Janaki Ram
An Integrated Solution-based Approach to Software Development using Unified Reuse Artifacts
ACM Software Engineering Notes, Vol. 22, No. 4, July 1997, pp. 56-59.
- R. K. Joshi, N. Vivekananda, D. Janaki Ram
Message Filters for Object Oriented Systems
Software Practice & Experience, Vol 27(6), pp. 677-699 (June 1997)
- D. Janaki Ram, N. Vivekananda, Ch. S. Rao and N. Krishna Mohan
Constraint Meta-Object : A New Object Model for Distributed Collaborative Designing
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans,
Vol.27, Issue.2, March 1997, pp. 208-221.
- D. Janaki Ram, T. H. Sreenivas and Ganapathy Subramaniam
Parallel Simulated Annealing Algorithms
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol.37, No. 2, 1996, pp. 207-212.
- R. K. Joshi and D. Janaki Ram
Object Based Subcontracting for parallel programming on loosely COUpled distributed systems
Journal of Programming Languages, 4 (1996) pp. 169-183.
- S. Vaidehi, D. Janaki Ram and Amit Shukla
Difference Clocks: A new scheme for logical time in distributed systems
IEE Proceedings on Computers and Digital Techniques, Vol.143, No. 6, November, 1996, pp. 426-430.
- R. K. Joshi and D. Janaki Ram
Parset : A Language Construct for system independent parallel programming on loosely coupled distributed systems
Microprocessing and Microprogramming, Euromicro Journal, 41(1995) pp. 245-259.
- K. Krishna, K. Ganeshan and D. Janaki Ram
Distributed Simulated Annealing Algorithms for Job Shop Scheduling
IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, No.7, Vol.25, July 1995, pp. 1102-1109.
- D. Janaki Ram, L. V. Prasad and U. R. K. Rao
Tolerance of Parts using an Expert System
International Journal of Advance Manufacturing Technology, Vol 4, 1989, pp. 157-167.